The 2 storey red brick building was built in 1925 and served as a school until 1965. In 1966 the building was trasnferred to the Rockport Senior Citizens as a recreation facility and a Horizons Grant was requested and received for initial renovations. Some years later the Rockport Recreation Committee was formed and after many volunteer hours they successfully created an ever improving recreation building for the betterment of the community.
Throught the years the committee has maintained itself through volunteers and their pride in their community. In 1999 the Rockport Recreation Hall committe registered for incorporation.